cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber on iPhone

Chidubbz
Rewards Hunter

So I mainly use Ibotta for Uber rides. It’s my bread and butter on the app. For the past few yrs I’ve had an Android while using the app with no issues, I now have an iPhone. Ibotta says it won’t work with Uber on iPhone if I don’t have ‘Allow Tracking’ toggled on for both Uber and Ibotta. While Ibotta has the option in the settings, Uber’s app doesn’t seem to ask for that, so I am not getting any cash back on Uber rides. Anyone else encountering this problem?

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: Uber on iPhone

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I personally haven't used Uber yet but I'd be curious to hear if anyone else is noticing this issue as well.

0 Likes

kiiish
Rewards Hunter

Hi! I am experiencing this issue as well. I noticed that when you go to Ibotta, click on Uber or UberEats, it will redirect you to those apps but it no longer shows that Ibotta is reviewing and will give you rewards if it meets the criteria. It seems like there’s a disconnect between the apps. I haven’t received credit for June or July. 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@kiiish So I think this might be a more common issue but not 100%. I just reached out about it and I'll let you know what I learn once I hear back.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok so the screen not showing up doesn't actually mean there's no tracking through Ibotta, so as long as the app is still open you should be good to go. Now the slower turnaround time for the credit from Uber is something that we're working with Uber on. Sorry I don't have a more helpful response at the moment but hopefully soon!

0 Likes

Mona
Deal Sharer

Hi @LaraL  I used Uber through Ibotta on a trip July 13-16 and I haven’t seen any credit for those rides. Could it still be forthcoming or do I have to put a ticket in? This was for 8 rides. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I would submit a ticket on that one, I don't have much visibility into the affiliate offers. Let me know what you hear back though, I'll push that one if need be after Care replies back to you.