cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ibotta APP

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I was just wondering if it is necessary or a flaw with the ibotta app that requires restarting in order to receive MWMM or WWB. This idea crossed my mind after reading post by @FelskyNY and MWMM didn't show up until Ibotta app was deleted and reinstalled. I deleted then reinstalled app and their it was my MWMM 1 / 10 so I ask is this by design, a programming error, or random?? Does anyone know? What do you thin

Screenshot_20210621-113633_Ibotta.jpg

Do anyone care to elaborate on this? 

16242940271013992324206141098536.jpg

 Today is too windy to fish so off to the market to chase MWMM..

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Using Ibotta APP

What-Shot
Super Saver

Apparently this is a new glitch. I've been able to refresh it by simply deleting the app's cache (not deleting all the data, only the cache). That simple trick (which does not require a new login) also seems to update my offers number toward bonuses. Annoying, but it is easier than reinstalling, logging back in, or living without updated info. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL   Not sure if you are aware - but now it looks like it was not just me that had to delete the app and reinstall to see my bonus as @OBSHOP had the same problem. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Looking into this. If anyone else is having this issue please add it to the thread.

Nique
Rewards Advocate

I too cleared my cache and then the MW appeared.

Not sure if this is related, but last week the WW came around 1pm EDT for me instead of 9am. Others have commented that their bonuses showed up late, or after they made a purchase.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

Usually all I have to do is force close the app, clear app cache, reopen app and the bonuses pop up.  But I knew I had choice bonuses today, so when the usual trick didn't work, I logged out and back in.  That didn't work.  So I logged back out, force closed the app, cleared cache, restarted my phone, *then* the bonuses showed up.  

I've also noticed that the tracking for bonuses are back to normal, meaning that they are caught up when I get my notification my offers have credited.  I don't have to force close the app or wait hrs from them to catch up.  So I'm wondering if tinkering on one end, caused a glitch somewhere else??

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok good to know, it could very well be related.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@MelissaR 

How do you clear the cache? 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

It makes sense that there's a bit of a delay for bonuses to propagate but it shouldn't require clearing your cache.

0 Likes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Sorry @LaraL I have no idea how I replied as a separate post.

0 Likes