cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did I have an issue with Ibotta?

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I received an email this afternoon from Ibotta indicating I had a problem with Ibotta within the last 10 days.  The thing is, I don't remember having a problem with Ibotta within the last 10 days.  Is Ibotta Care sending out emails to Ibotta users to get them to open more requests?

Maybe there was a problem and I didn't notice it.  Unfortunately, the email did not say when, just at Walmart.  I have been to Walmart at least 10 times in the last 10 days.  The email is so vague it sounds like a standard email.

Did anyone get an email like the one below?  @LaraL , is Ibotta fishing for requests to be opened?  Maybe this email is a scam.  It does have a link in it that might have gone to a ransomware site, but I didn't click it.

Screenshot_20210727-153452.png

4 Replies

Re: When did I have an issue with Ibotta?

MerSadie
Saver

I got it also. I did have an issue but it has long been resolved so i thought it was odd. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That's related to an issue discussed in another thread about submitting Walmart receipts. I'm guessing they pulled user data from devices that reported that problem. Did you never have trouble submitting a Walmart receipt in the past week or two?

SoCalHal
Rewards Guide

Yes, LaraL hit the nail on the head.
I remember you on the thread a couple of weekends ago when we were having difficulty getting the system to accept our Walmart receipts—whether scanning or entering the TC#. 

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I did have a problem with submitting a receipt to Ibotta, but it wasn't Ibotta's issue.  The receipt would not scan in the Walmart app.  I took care of it by returning the items and then repurchasing them.  The new receipt worked fine.

Since the receipt never scanned, I am wondering how they knew I had a problem.  Maybe anyone that got an Invalid Barcode message got the email, but I guess I wouldn't think that was logged.

Thanks, @LaraL .  Welcome back!

By the way, the original receipt I got from Walmart still won't scan into the Walmart app.  But there were other items that weren't Ibotta related, so I guess I will have to hold on to it for a while.