cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would it save time for care team if I submit 3 separate instances of same problem under one ticket?

Zombie
Rewards Guide

I have 3 different receipts that I just submitted on which I did not receive credit for multiples.

Is it best to submit a separate ticket for EACH receipt? Or would the care team prefer for me to create one combined ticket and list in detail all 3 distinct instances and how much credit I'm missing for each?

(Just curious since the care team is always really busy, and I'd like to know if it would make their job easier to submit a combined ticket)

@LaraL

0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Would it save time for care team if I submit 3 separate instances of same problem under one tick

What-Shot
Super Saver

I cannot speak to what they would prefer or what would be best. But speaking only from my experience I would not be inclined to combine multiple receipts in one ticket. I think making it simple (one ticket for one receipt) poses lower risk that the ticket will be misunderstood. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Re: Would it save time for care team if I submit 3 separate instances of same problem under one tick

Nique
Core Shopper

@Zombie Sorry you have three issues at once. I usually submit the ticket from the receipt itself, so I do one at a time.

I do this by selecting it under earnings and clicking “Report an issue.” Then I go to the Help center from the Account view, select “My support tickets,” select it and add screenshots and any further detail needed. I have not had to go back-and-forth with a Care Team member. Usually the next message I receive is within a day or so, letting me know I have been credited.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Nique: Exactly! That is also how I do it. But I'm sure your detailed explanation is much more helpful to @Zombie  and others than my response. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

I agree with others; one receipt for one ticket. 

I would NOT personally open all 3 tickets via the app as laid out simply because they all will have the same subject name, "App Problem Report - Grocery Receipt Submission" .   I have had the workers get confused and respond to the wrong ticket with the wrong details when they work a ticket when multiple tickets are opened this way.   It then is a mess because they may close one ticket that has not even been worked, and the ticket that was worked is still open but has no details, etc.   The good thing about submitting it from 'your earnings' is that they automatically have a copy of the receipt attached internally.

When I have multiple tickets, I open the first one via 'your earnings', and then for subsequent ones I go thru the other method, keeping it pretty basic when entering the ticket details.  I do use a subject of something like ' "Skippy Peanut Butter - Shorted $2.25 from Kroger - 7/21'.   Anyway, then I go into my open tickets, add detailed information I want to share where I can format it with bold, colors, or lists.   And I attach the receipt.

I see merits for both methods, but above is what works for me. 

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@Rickibotta @What-Shot @Nique oh, I just remembered reading a post that LaraL is currently on vacation. I completely forgot!

With that in mind, I'll just submit each receipt separately for now, but for future reference, I am still curious if a combined ticket (as long as the issue is identical) would make things easier for the care team.. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

My money is on 'don't combine more than 1 receipt per ticket. 

I wouldn't do it even if they preferred it based on my reasoning in my prior post.  It took 4 back and forths and nearly 2 weeks to fix things once they confused open tickets.

As you say, it will be interesting to see what Lara says

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

BrookeA
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Zombie! Lara is still out, but I've inquired with our Care team about this. Let me see what I can find out for you! 

0 Likes

BrookeA
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Zombie checked in with the Care team on this! It is our preference that you submit one ticket with everything outlined. Sometimes separate tickets have to be merged before solving them, which can prolong the process for everyone involved!

Re: your issue above, just to confirm - are you trying to redeem 1 offer 3 times on 3 separate receipts? 

0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@BrookeA Thanks for responding! And no, 3 different offers that I submitted on 3 different receipts did not track for multiples. I purchased:

2x nature made vitamins at Walgreens, $2.00 missing

2x Tom's of Maine toothpaste at Walgreens, $1.30 missing

5x Crystals farms cheese at Woodman's, 25¢ each so $1.00 missing

I only received 1x credit for each of those offers.

Do you still advise to submit a combined ticket even though they are 3 distinct offers at 2 different stores?

Or do you only recommend combined tickets when it is multiple occurrences with the SAME OFFER?

0 Likes