Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scavenger Hunt - [EXPIRED]

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ibotta_Community_News&Announcements_CommunityScavengerHunt_900x800_v01.png

Hey Savers,

There's been many changes to the community in the past several months, and as such, it might be overwhelming for some to find all the exciting things we have here.

Because of that, I put together a scavenger hunt that will send you to different parts of the community.

Your mission: Find and assemble the "unique" letters scattered throughout older community content/threads. Assemble the letters into a phrase and send me a private message with your answer once you have it.

Note: You will be sent a list of clues associated with your secret phrase. It is ok to work with others, however the sharing of answers in threads will result in disqualification.

Your reward: $10 bonus credit to the first 500 savers that submit the correct answer. This will be attached to an existing easy-to-reach bonus and added to it (i.e. Weekend Warrior bonus is $3 for 10 items, if you complete the 10 items you will get $13 instead). I will submit accounts to receive the bonus credit after a week or two, that way every one has time to attempt the hunt.

I know you all are very collaborative and like to share information, so for this hunt there will be 5 different secret (you only need to complete the one I send you) phrases that will earn the bonus. You might have already noticed one of these letters is different, and that's an example of what to look for.

To start your hunt, fill out this survey with your info so I can send you the clue-list tied to your secret phrase.

Good luck, Savers!

UPDATE: The entry period for submitting correct answers to your clue list will end at 11:59AM MT Friday October 1st.

189 Replies

Re: Community Scavenger Hunt

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

WOW!

Two awesome things in one.

Scavenger hunts and money.  I am so excited.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta  DITTO!

Dean
Core Shopper

Was the crossword puzzled solved and what were the answers?

LaraL
Community Manager

@Dean check the Spoiler tag in the main post.

LaraL
Community Manager

Since this is the first scavenger hunt that uses the community it might be a bit difficult if you don't know which tools are available (ahem search bar ahem). I'll also say that I only edited in the special letters into posts made by admins, so myself, Julianna, or Scotty.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL   Sounds like fun - I'm in too  (since I didn't get any bonuses today)

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@LaraL That was fun! Thank you! And your clues made it very easy, so thank you for that too! 😄

Re: Community Scavenger Hunt - $10 bonus credit

limslady
Deal Sharer

@LaraL This sounds like fun!  But how do I find out what my phrase is and the associated clues?  Thanks much!

Re: Community Scavenger Hunt - $10 bonus credit

LaraL
Community Manager

I have to manually add/message each person individually so it might take time. I'll do another round of sending them out here before the day is out.