cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP-Phone number verification

byuinatalia
Rewards Hunter

I got a new phone number line and I am trying to link it to my new ibotta account. However I keep receiving the message: “this phone number is register under another account”. I guess the previous owner of my phone number line had it link to an ibotta account. What do I do? I am just trying to do the phone number verification but I can’t.  Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: HELP-Phone number verification

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Send me the email address associated with the older Ibotta account and the phone number you'd like removed. I can free it up for you.

Txdkerr
Rewards Hunter

Every time I try to register my phone it tells me it is registered to another account. I guess the person that had this phone number before me had an Ibotta account.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

@Txdkerr I replied to your private message and I can't find your phone number attached to either account so it seems like the best course of action is submitting a ticket.

0 Likes

Berthan201
Rewards Hunter

Can you help me?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Berthan201 

Lara will be back early next week, and she has been out a week, so she is likely very backogged with messages.  Si it may even be Tuesday or Wednesday mbefore she responds.  What will help you is if you respond again in this thread with more details about what your problem is.  Don't include any personal details though.  Just the fact's ma'am.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

LILBIT98
Rewards Hunter

I am having the same issue ??? Did yours get resolved ??? 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

I can help remove phone numbers from old accounts but anything past that you'll want to contact accountsupport@ibotta.com

LILBIT98
Rewards Hunter

That would be sooo helpful.. how can I ? I tried and when I did email they said they could find my number anywhere ?!

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Send me the email address that the phone number is currently attached to.

0 Likes